ALEC BALDWIN and ME
last night i went to see alec baldwin speak about his new book on divorce...i know, not a happy topic, but the man is funny. we were able to fill out questions on index cards and i was tempted to ask him if i could have the recipe for "shweaty balls". but i thought the crowd of upper east siders who clearly the first election they voted in was Teddy Roosevelt wouldn't have appreciated it. so i opted out of my question and just sat back and laughed. about divorce.
susie bought the book afterward, and i waited in line to get it signed. he was very quick with everyone, but when it came to my turn he asked me a bunch of questions (ok 2 questions) and we must have spent 15 minutes together (more like 15 seconds) and everyone else in the line was super jealous (only the woman behind me because she was large and in charge and needed food soon or she would collapse right on top of alec and show him the true meaning of "shweaty")
anyways, we shared a very intimate moment together...i told him i was a young aspiring writer, and that i think i would make a great addition to 30 Rock (alright he only asked me my age, if i had been divorced, and did i find the book helpful...) it was magical and i think he was so taken by my brilliance that he invited me out to pizza afterward...
(ok, he didn't so much as invite me, but we happened to grab a slice at the same spot across the street. but i was there first...) anyways, i think a-bald (we have nicknames for eachother now, he calls me nisnice) and i really understood eachother and i can't wait to work on his next movie with him (or go see it at the theater around the corner)...

1 comment:

Twofrogs said...

Still laughing.

A-bald came into my work once and I think his voice, in person, is the coolest sound I've ever heard.